The basic properties of different
types of nylon are similar, however certain variations also exist. Some of
the properties are:
- Strength: Nylon has lot of strength.
The fiber has high abrasion resistance.
- Elasticity: Nylon is one of the most
elastic fibers. After being stretched, it easily returns to its normal
- Resilience: Nylon is quite resilient.
The fiber does not wrinkle easily and becomes smooth after some time.
- Absorbency: Nylon does not absorb much
moisture. It does noit get wet easily as most of watre runs off the
smooth fabric easily. It is widely used for manufacturing rain coats and
- Heat Conductivity: Nylon is not a good
conductor of heat.