The major thrust areas identified were Enhancement of Productivity, Quality Consciousness and integrated human resource development. Government ensured to play a proactive role in promoting and facilitating adoption of IT in the textile industry and trade. Export Promotion Councils, silk boards and other such organizations will be restructures to suit the present staatus of industry and exports.
- The thrust will be on improving the availability, productivity and quality of raw materials.
- Consumption of specialised man-made fibers/yarns will be encouraged.
- Focus will be on achieving international standard in all varieties of silk.
- Steps will be taken augment availability of quality wool.
- A Technology Mission on Jute will be launched for the uplift of the jute Industry.
- Renew the efforts to upgrade the spinning weaving sector.
- Encourage organized mill industry and adequate employment generation and job safety.
- Encourage the enherent strengths of the handloom industry.
- Sustained growth and welfare of weavers and the people in hand knotted carpet industry.