Polyester is one of the most widely
used fiber all across the globe. The fiber has certain properties which are
- Strength : Polyester is a relatively
strong fiber. It also has high tenacity. The fiber also has exceptional
- Elasticity : Polyester fiber does not
have high elasticity. The fiber has good dimensional stability.
- Resilience : Polyester fiber has a high
degree of resilience. It does not wrinkle easily.
- Absorbency : Polyester is one of the
least absorbent fibers. The low absorbency of the fabric can make it
quite uncomfortable at times.
- Heat Conductivity : Polyester fiber is
a good conductor of heat. It is less warmer than acrylic, wool and
warmer than cotton, linen and rayon.