Fusion bond is a technique in which the backing is first coated with a viscous layer of latex or vinyl and then the pile is inserted into the viscous coating.
A fusion bonded or bonded carpet/rug is manufactured by inserting yarns into a coated backing. This carpet is usually die-cut and backed by a polymeric materials for providing extra stability to the product.
The construction method of manufacturing carpet and rugs has the following advantages:
- The method is faster
- It uses less yarn than other conventional methods
- The method locks the yarn permanently in place
- Increase in the carpet density
- Improved resistance to wearing
- Ease of maintenance
- Formation of impervious barrier to moisture